無料TOEIC レッスン Lesson 7 : Palro Robot
Lesson 7: Palro Robot / VIDEO Script
Mai, are you interested in robots?
Not so much but what’s up? Did you find a new toy for your kids for Christmas?
Well, I was reading the tech section of the Japan Times today and I came across an interesting write up about a small robot from Fujisoft called the Palro, short for Pal Robot.
So what’s so cool about it. Can it sing and dance?
As a matter of fact it can dance and talk and even recognize your voice. I was thinking that it might be a good replacement for a pet for you and unlike a cat it won’t need a litter box.
Oh thanks! Just what I need! …. a robot that dances and talks! Can it mix me up a mango smoothy while I surf the net?
Sorry Mai. You’ll have to get your boyfriend to do that!
Questions: (In case of the TOEIC, the questions and answers are given in writing. In case of Smith’s School of English’s TOEIC +, both are only spoken. )
- What’s this conversation about?
- Christmas presents for Al’s kids.
- A robot from Fuji camera.
- Mai’s new boyfriend.
- A robot that Al read about in the technology section of the Japan Times.
- What did Mai ask Al about Christmas?
- She asked him if he wanted a robot for Christmas.
- She asked if the robot he read about was a Christmas present for his kids.
- She asked him if the robot could sing Christmas carols.
- She asked him if the robot could dance to a Christmas song.
- What did Al say the robot could do?
- He said it could sing and dance.
- He said it could mix up a mango smoothy.
- He said it could dance and talk and recognize Mai’s voice.
- He said it could clean its own litter box.
- Who did Al tell Mai could mix up a Mango Smoothy for her?
- He said the robot could do it for her.
- He said she’d have to get her boyfriend to do it for her.
- He said she’d have to do it herself.
- He said cat’s don’ drink mango smoothies.