無料TOEIC レッスン Lesson 17 : Osaka's Angelbe Pay Toilet
Lesson 17: Osaka’s Angelbe Pay Toilet / VIDEO Script
Miki, have you heard of Angelbe?
Yeah sure! Most young girls and businesswomen in Osaka know about Angelbe. It’s a pay toilet located next to the JR Osaka station. It’s really popular as a place to freshen up.
So what’s so cool about Angelbe? What can you you do there?
Well, I’ve only used it a few times but it is a great place to kill some time and I can fix my makeup there and try new products that are being demonstrated for women.
Wow! That is cool! How much does it cost and what are the hours?
It costs 300 Yen per hour each time and you can pay with your ICOCA train pass. It’s open from 6:30 a.m. To 10:00 p.m.
I see. For example, what kind of products are demonstrated there and by what companies?
Well, for example Panasonic plans to advertise a new hair-iron and a professional hair stylist will introduce the product and advise potential customers on how to use it. And Wacoal will be offering fitting service for lingerie. So you see, it’s great for young women!
Yeah, I can see that. I wonder why there’s not such place for men?
Well, men don’t usually wear makeup or lingerie and all men need is a sports bar and beer!
Yeah, I guess you’re right! Men are pretty simple in some ways. But women, well, they really do make things interesting!
- What is this conversation about?
- It’s about a pay toilet for men where they can watch baseball games while freshening up.
- It’s about Miki’s new pet angelfish.
- It’s about how Miki spends her time at JR West’s Shin Osaka Station.
- It’s about a pay toilet near Osaka Station called Angelbe.
- What does Miki say young women can do at Angelbe?
- She said they can meet their friends there and have something light to eat.
- She said they can freshen up, touch up their makeup and kill some time there.
- She said they can watch a baseball game and grab a beer there on their way home.
- She said they can meet their boyfriends or husbands there and enjoy singing Karaoke.
- What did Miki say were the cost and the hours of Angelbe?
- She said they were open 24hours a day and the cost was 300 yen per visit.
- She didn’t say.
- She said it was 300 yen per hour and was open from 6:30 a.m. To 10:00 p.m.
- She said it was 300 yen per hour and was open 24 hours a day.
- What did Miki say about men?
- She said that men usually wear makeup and lingerie.
- She said that men don’t usually wear makeup and lingerie and all they need is a sports bar and beer.
- She said that men are too simple and uninteresting to create a special pay toilet for.
- She said that men would be lost without women.